Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
When you register for an Account, we might ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, email address, address, and telephone number.
If you contact us directly, we might receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message, and attachments you may send us.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways:
- Provide, operate, and maintain The Academic City
- Improve, personalize, and expand The Academic City
- Understand and analyze how you use The Academic City
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
We collect types of data like:
While using our Service, we might ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We might use your Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that might be of interest to you.
We might also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through a mobile. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use and store information about your location with a permit. We use this data to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Privacy Policies for Third-Party
You can choose to disable cookies through your browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found on the browsers' respective websites.
- Request that a business deletes any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's data, not sell the consumer's data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
- Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
The Academic City follows a standard procedure of using log files. These are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Note that The Academic City has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to access– You have the right to request copies of your data. We might charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
If you make a request and you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.